WELCOME TO FALA
Fluency in Asian Lifestyle in America
Our mission is to give you the most comprehensive information related to Asian culture and lifestyle.
Our outcome is that you can integrate the knowledge you obtain here in to your lifestyle and have a positive experience while learning something new.
All we ask in return is to give us feedback and knowledge that we can incorporate so that we can better serve everyone. Sharing is caring everyone!!!
Food: Food section is on a roll. I have been posting a lot of recipes and cooking during the pandemic. Also topics regarding Korean kimchi and Hanwoo beef.
- Hanwoo beef – Korea’s premium beef – Get to know Korea’s version of Wagyu and Kobe beef.
- Kimchi – just more than cabbage – Discussion on different types of kimchi.
- Milk tea scone – taking Taiwanese milk tea popularity and making a scone because why not, they are everywhere
- Apple pie air fryer style -classic American dessert icon done easily with air fryer
- Chocolate and butter cookies – simple baking recipe for cookies that taste great – butter and chocolate flavors
- Honey garlic pork chops – sweet and savory sauce with pork chops. Added honey glazed carrots as side dish.
- Whole fish with miso and rice wine – Here is whole fish recipe using miso and Korean rice wine to give it a unique taste
- Scallops with bacon and miso – Bacon wrapped scallops done the healthy way.
- Healthy pork chops with taro fries – Pork chops are lean but preparing them with an air fryer along with taro fries makes them extra healthy.
- Steak with kimchi butter – Made butter kimchi to serve with steak. New flavorful twist to a classic.
- Sweet dumpling chips – Here is a great use for your dumpling wrappers. You can make this quick sweet snack.
- Scallop with lemon butter sauce – This is a great combination to bring out the zest in the scallop. Great summer dish.
- Flank steak garlic herb butter sauce – Another flank steak recipe using my own butter sauce for a succulent combination.
- Cheese sponge cake – Classic Asian sponge cake using an air fryer. Added cheese because why not!
- Oatmeal crusted chicken – Healthy alternative to crispy checking using oatmeal and yogurt.
- Flank steak with balsamic dressing – Another flank steak recipe with a refreshing twist for the upcoming spring season.
- Honey almond seaweed – Easy to make healthy Asian snack using seaweed, honey, almond and sesame seed.
- Lemon butter salmon – Great recipe that crusts the butter well with lemon and has Mexican style corn as an extra.
- Chicken sausage with potatoes – A great brunch idea to try.
- Healthy sesame chicken – Using air fryer to make the chicken healthy style.
- Flank steak with jalapeño – Spicy hint to a juicy flank steak.
- Miso glazed chicken – Puttiing a Japanese twist using miso paste.
- Honey glazed salmon with chili – Since our two previous posts were chicken, we’d mix it up with fish.
- Spicy Korean chicken wings – Hope you try and find the experience tasteful!
- Crispy chili chicken drums – We also whipped up a new recipe for chili chicken drums with crunchy lotus roots.
Self: Also posted about self-learning. I am always learning to better myself and want to share it in the post below.
- Flash Boys review – Michael Lewis book on high frequency traders and my thoughts on the book
- How to improve your habits – My thoughts on Atomic Habits. We are all looking for help in this area and this book covers it well.
- How to be a leader – My thoughts on book Infinite Game and how leadership style is changing from recent past.
- How to be charismatic – My thoughts as an introvert on this book – The Charisma Myth.
- Improve your thought process – My perspective after reading Thinking in Bets.
- How to manage finances better – New way to look at money. My thoughts on Psychology of Money.
Beauty: I have posted some beauty products that we have reviewed. Please check it out.
- Collagen supplements – I go over what collagen supplements are and recommend two Japanese products.
- Beauty eye mask – I go over the popularity of eye masks and review a popular Japanese one.
Hope this gives you fresh perspective!
Fashion: Very first post in the fashion section. I will be discussing the inspiration I got from my college days when sustainable fashion was not even a movement. Please read the blog and get to know some Taiwanese culture as well.
- Sustainable Fashion Ideas – I discuss my masters program and sustainable fashion.